Wednesday, November 4, 2020

25 Days of Christmas Tags - Day 4

 

Hello, friends!  Day 4 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags brings another great sponsor - Newton's Nook.
I'm often a stamp and ink kind of gal.  (Usually because time doesn't allow for me to be experiementing with a lot of techniques.)  So today's tag feels a little extra special because I did something I haven't done in a LONG time....paper piecing AND I used a bunch of patterned papers!!!

I pulled out a bunch of papers that have been in my stash for quite some time (I think most of these are Lawn Fawn papers) and then stamped Newton's Nook Poinsettia Blooms on each of the three of the papers--two pinks, one green.  I really adore the variety of poinsettia arrangements in this set.  All so beautiful!  
After I fussy cut the blossoms and leaves and berries, I pieced them all together.  I was surprised how therapeutic the whole process was.  That being said, I wasn't about to cut out the tiniest little circles, so I used a white pen to fill them in and actually that pop of white added so much to the tag.
Finally, I embossed to/from from a Papertrey set called Keep It Simple: To & From...perfect, right?  This tag is quite large.  It's almost 5" tall.  The Stamp Market's Tag'd Dies are some of my favorites.  This is the largest tag die in the set, so obviously these stamps are perfect for full size cards as well.
Well, that's all for me today!  I hope you've enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by!  Oh, and don't forget to go to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags post on Tracey's blog to see everyone else's creations.  I hope you've been able to join the fun, too.  Let me know if you've made any tags. :) 

24 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! Love the paper piecing Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful tag with the poinsettia in the corner - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on paper piecing. It's a lovely tag with pretty colors. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE your poinsettia image, Lindsey. You're SO talented and I thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tag. The little
    arrangement fits on the
    tag so well. thanks
    for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper piecing! One of the things I like about making tags is how perfect they are for using up some patterned paper bits - I haven't done enough of that yet! :D Love the pretty paper you chose for the tag back, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love paper piercing. It's been awhile since I've done it to. Got me inspired to grab me a few of my scraps.
    Your tag is really pretty. So well made even down to the tiniest pieces. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tag! I love the way you used the print papers! Beautiful poinsettia design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling tag. So much work, but it is a great technique lesson as well, and I am inspired to use my big stash of printed paper in the same way (but maybe with stamps that have matching dies LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like this! Your patterned blooms are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful use of patterned paper and wonderful poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag caught my eye Lindsey. So lovely with the green background, and bright red poinsettia. Your the beauty for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful tag. I love the use of printed paper on it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Awesome piecing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the idea of patterned paper and paper piecing. It's been a long time since I have done it also. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really pretty tag love the stamps that you used on it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look to the arrangement. The flower almost looks like it's quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tag Lindsey, You inspired me to make my Day 4 tag. I'm am hoping to do a few more tomorrow if I find the time. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete