Wednesday, May 29, 2013

CFC102

When I saw this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays
the first two ideas that popped into my head were 4th of July and nautical.  Though I love the 4th of July, I'm not quite ready to skip to that holiday, so I went with a nautical theme. This card is pretty simple - just a little embossing and paper piecing.  Lately I've been trying to use up some of the supplies in my stash and my less used stamps and dies, but I feel like I've been forcing it too much on some of my cards and haven't really been pleased with the results.  I think I finally found a balance on this card.  I used some older supplies, but the final product still feels "me"ish and I'm happy with how it turned out.  Yay for that!

10 comments:

  1. I love the way you used the twine on this card! Perfection! Love it! I recently received some twine from someone that no longer crafts, you have me a great way to use it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this card in the gallery, and I had to come and see who made this amazing card! The way you made the waves is fabulous and I love the twine around the edges. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, I just love that twine around the perimeter of your card!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, a total stand-out. Love this little card!! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and well done, Lindsey! Congratulations on the VIP honor from CFC!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely DARLING!! Love it to bits! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man. LOVE that rope border.

    ReplyDelete