I had a blast joining in on the fun at Papertrey's Stamp-a-faire. I didn't get to try everything, but hope to be able to go back and fill in the blanks.
Tea Staining Technique
I used Betsy's
Koolaid technique on the tag. I actually dyed some felt in the Koolaid and tea dyed some fabric, too, but those didn't make it to a card. The felt was taking too long to dry and in a very impatient moment, I threw all the felt pieces and my tea dyed fabric in the dryer. Big fat giant mistake. My dryer ended up red and my tea stained fabric got red on it, too. Oh, and I should have used tongs to remove the felt from the Koolaid, but I didn't, so my fingers ended up red as well. Luckily after all the scrubbing and wiping down of my dryer, most of the red came off my hands. Sidetrack finished...back to the card. The color scheme and layout for this challenge came from Stamp-a-faire's opening ceremony's Bake & Take Challenge
A couple last details. To tie in the stitched pocket, I also stitched the centers of the flowers. And the Pinefeather color was the hardest for me to add, so I just drew some lines in the center of the leaves. Unfortunately after adjusting my flowers (from PTI's Bigger Blooms set) most of that got covered up, but at least the effort was there. :)
The supply list and other details for this card can be found here
Sprinkle of Salt
This card was super hard to photograph. It looks so much better in person. The vellum in the corner looks soft and shimmery IRL and not so much dirty as it looks here. :) I did indeed use the second salt sprinkling method Nichole
shared on this card; however, I let my son help me pour on the salt, and he exercised no restraint. I wasn't surprised. He's only two. :) So pretty much it had an all-over lightening/blurring effect instead of the fun splotchy effect Nichole's card showed. I also combined this challenge with a color and sketch combo from the opening event
The colors blurred together quite nicely and all five are there. Since I loved how the watercolored panel turned out, I simplified the sketch a bit and used vellum for the triangle in the corner, allowing as much of the panel to be exposed as possible.
Sprinkle of Salt Supplies
Stamps: Bountiful Banners (PTI)
Ink: True Black (PTI)
Paper: watercolor paper, shimmer vellum (Michael's), white (PTI)
Other: Bountiful Banners die (PTI), watercolor crayons, aqua painter (SU!), sequins (Hobby Lobby), salt
There is absolutely no way I could miss out on the scratch & sniff technique. Too fun! I adored Cristina's card
, so I decided to CASE it. (Side note: I've never been huge into celebrities (as far as movies, tv, or music is concerned), but believe you me I would be absolutely star struck if I ever met Cristina. I'm not kidding.) I also loved Dawn's
(another favorite of mine) pumpkin card and pumpkin spice was the very first thing I thought of when I saw the title "Whipping Up Scent-sational Cards", so I went with that, too. To my delight, as soon as I heat embossed the pumpkin spice the whole room filled with a delicious aroma. The fragrance on my card is stronger than I thought it would be (in a good way).
And the spots and texture the spice created on my pumpkins is wonderful...I think they should always be this way. The only tricky part was that the stamp I used (from PTI's Friendship Jar Fall Fillers) is an outline stamp, so I stamped it onto orange zest cardstock, then pressed the entire pumpkin into the VersaMark ink. Oh, and I also had to emboss the ribbon I used because once I embossed the card stock the ribbon no longer matched (the embossing made the cardstock darker).
Stamps: Friendship Jar Fall Fillers, Polka Dot Basics 2, Signature Greetings (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate chip, Pumpkin Pie (SU!), New Leaf (PTI)
Cardstock: Orange Zest, Rustic Cream, Kraft (PTI)
Other: orange ribbon (Hobby Lobby), clear embossing powder (CTMH), colored pencils, Pumpkin Pie spice
& Mixing Mists to Match Challenge
The card I made for these challenges can be viewed in this post