Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Papertrey: Big Bloom

Good morning!  I'm excited to start sharing some of the cards I've made guest designing with Papertrey's newest release.  One of the first things I noticed when I opened my box was the Into the Blooms: Big Bloom Die.  It's, you guessed it...a big bloom.  And it's gorgeous! 

It's a bit of a chameleon of a bloom, too, and can look like a lot of different flowers depending on how you color it.  Papertrey's Design Team's samples have been amazing!  Though it isn't necessarily meant to be a rose, I chose to color it like it was one.  

I can't tell you the name of the rose, but I know my grandma could. :) She loved roses and grew more varieties in her yard than I could ever hope to remember, but she could tell you the name of each and every one.  

I inked up the Into the Blooms: Big Bloom Die with Concord and 9th's buttercup, pink lemonade, and  dragonfruit inks as well as Papertrey's harvest gold ink.  The leaves were a mix of C9's sprout, grasshopper, avocado, and clover inks. I added a couple leaf sprigs from Papertrey's Into the Blooms: Clover Dies and a sprinkling of enamel dots

On the upper panel, I die cut the bottom with the pretty Elegant Edges: Flourish Die.  Then I stenciled on the diamond-ish stencil from the Pro Stamper's Box: March and blended white around the edges to soften things up. I used the new Just Notes Stencil Collection to create the grid pattern on the bottom card base.

I finished the card by embossing "Mom" from the Mother's Day Sentiments Stamps Set and a secondary sentiment from the Just Notes Stamp Set.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I'll be back to share more projects this week. :) 

1 comment:

  1. You've done your grandma proud, Lindsey, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete