Thursday, March 14, 2024

Concord & 9th: Carpe Denim

Hello!  I'm back to share Concord and 9th's Carpe Denim Bundle.  The name makes me giggle and I see a lot of denim jackets in my neck of the woods, so I got a kick out of designing several jackets for today's cards.  This bundle also brought back childhood memories of decorating Barbie's denim jacket with puffy paint, jewels, and ric rac.  Good times.  I totally plan to die cut jackets and let my girls design their own.   

Speaking of my girls, the first card I made is for one of them.  She is happy and creative and loves bright, happy colors and cheerful things.  I can usually tell where she has been because of the creative messes she leaves behind.  This card is a bright, happy, creative "mess" in her honor. ;) 

I cut the jacket from oceanside cardstock and covered it with lots of cute patches from the Carpe Denim stamp set.  I personalized it with the Perfectly Penned Stamp Set (an oldie but goodie). 

The background is the outer portion of the new Folkart Florals Turnabout.  I stamped it in oceansidebriar rosewatermelon, and buttercup.  Then I stamped the sentiment (also from Folkart Florals Turnabout) in the same colors. 

Ok, hold onto your hats for this one.  It's is as girly as it gets.  And it is a lot...like a lot a lot.  I created a congratulatory card for a bride, using the custom hand painted bride jackets I see floating around as inspiration. 

I made a true denim jacket using a denim patch.  It die cut perfectly!  I used Perfectly Penned again to emboss "bride" onto the jacket.  (Just a note: The fabric absorbed a lot of the embossing powder, so I did have to go over all the letters with a white gel pen)but that only enhanced the hand painted feeling.) Then I decked the jacket out with leaves and flowers using the Delicate Blossoms Dies.

Remember how I said this card is a lot? (insert laughing emoji) I used the Folkart Florals Turnabout to stamp the floral background, stamping in just two colors - pink lemonade and ballet pink. Then I framed it with the negative of the scallop frame in the Simply You Dies and decorated it with flowers and leaves from Build-A-Bloom.   I finished a card off with a fitting sentiment from ???. 

For my final card, I decided to go in a completely different direction and turned the Carpe Denim Dies into a letterman's jacket.  I have lots of teenage nieces and nephews, and customized this for one of them using their team colors - eggplant and sunflower.

I die cut the jacket three times, fussy cutting the pieces I needed, so the arms could be white and the bottom of the purple jacket could also have the yellow trim.  The collar and cuff details are separate dies, so that was easy.  To make them look like the striped trim you typically see, I used a white gel pen to add stripes.  
I pulled out my trusty Perfectly Penned Stamp Set for the name and added their number using the Cutie Pie Alphabet Dies.  The sentiment and stars come from the Carpe Denim Bundle, and I added a bit more color to the background using the Rainbow Card Front Dies.
Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope that you leave inspired. :)


MEG CARD SUPPLIES:

Carpe Denim Dies

Perfectly Penned Stamp Set

Folkart Florals Turnabout

Cardstock/Ink: briar rosewatermelonbuttercupoceanside


BRIDE CARD SUPPLIES:

Carpe Denim Dies

Simply You Dies

Delicate Blossoms Dies

Build-A-Bloom Dies

Cardstock/Ink: pink lemonadeballet pink


LETTERMAN'S JACKET SUPPLIES:

Carpe Denim Stamp Set

Carpe Denim Dies

Rainbow Card Front Dies

Cardstock: sunflowereggplant 

2 comments:

  1. Each one is as fabulous as the next, Lindsey! I'll bet Meg loves her personalized jacket, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket is really fun! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete