Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Concord & 9th: Garden Path

Hello, friends!  It is with absolute delight that I get to share a card with you today using the Garden Path Bundle from Concord and 9th's fabulous new release.  (You can check the new release out here.)  I assure you that I am honored and humbled each time I have the opportunity to guest design for Concord and 9th.  I have so much respect and love for the good people who run this company.  Not to mention I absolutely adore their products!

I fell in love with Garden Path before I even saw it.  I knew from the name that I was going to love it.  I'm all for being creative with your supplies, but I also really appreciate when a product makes beauty effortless.  Do you know what I mean?  So when I started created with these fabulous stencils, I was completely smitten.

To show you the beauty of this product, I kept things simple.  I used the stencils as designed.  No fancy shading, just simple blending of a lovely palette of Concord and 9th colors: background = powder; flowers = nectar, creamsicle, carnation, briar rose, watermelon, buttercuphoneycomb; leaves = eucalyptusrain forest.

I did blend an extra set of flowers and fussy cut them out to add a bit of dimension, but I'll let you in on a secret...that was to cover up a mistake!  The panel was perfect and I accidentally used the wrong color on one of the flower centers.  I couldn't bear to throw it away, so I improvised. ;) 

This bundle is brilliantly designed, not only do the 5 stencils work both to layer and mask, but the sentiments in the Garden Path Stamp Set are designed to fit perfectly in the open space. 

I did get a good chuckle when one of my daughters brought my card to me and with great concern told me that there were ink splatters all over it. :) I put her fears to rest and told her they were intentional.  I'm still not sure she approved. Lol. 

Thanks so much for joining me today!  Make sure to come back tomorrow.  I have lots more projects to share throughout the week.  It's going to be fun!  


CARD SUPPLIES (all Concord & 9th)

Stamps/Dies: 

Garden Path Bundle 

Garden Path Stencil Pack

Garden Path Stamp Set

Ink: 

background = powder

flowers = nectarcreamsiclecarnationbriar rosewatermelonbuttercup, honeycomb

leaves  = eucalyptus, rain forest


2 comments:

  1. What a delightful card, Lindsey! Love your colors and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the style of the sentiment, and the flowers are beautiful! Love those splatters too! :)

    ReplyDelete