Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Ornament Stamp & Stitch Bundle with Concord & 9th

The stitching fun continues friends!  This month Concord and 9th released not one but two stitching dies in their Holiday Charm Release.  Today I'm highlighting the Ornament Stamp & Stitch Bundle.  This set is the best of all worlds.  It creates amazing results with just stamps, dies, stitching or a combination of all three.  I have used it all the different ways and equally love the results.

The color scheme I chose for this card is Nectar, Sorbet, Evergreen, and Stardust.  I just love it!  But then you probably aren't surprised because I think Nectar showed up on nearly all of my projects this release. 
This card is full of texture, and I'll start with the background.  I made it with pines from the Take a Bough Encore Dies.  I decided not to glue them down completely and I think it made all the difference in the world.  That might be overly dramatic...but maybe not.  It made more of an organic feel, and I'm a big fan!
Next up are the ornaments, which come in two sizes.  
On the biggest ornament, I used the Ornament Stamp & Stitch Dies to die cut the evergreen polka dot patterned paper from the new Falala Patterned Paper Pack.  It's one of my favorite papers in the pack.
I added a cute sentiment from the set in Nectar cardstock, and then stitched on a little star/snowflake.  The die comes with three of these little stars that are aligned to go around a stamp that says "Let's be merry", but I just used a portion of the die on my ornament. 
Next up is the poinsettia ornament.  I stamped this one in Nectar and used a coordinating floss to stitch.  Then I added sorbet enamel dots to the centers. 
The final ornament is the most ornate and reminds me of something that my grandmother would have bought.  She decorated the most gorgeous trees each year, switching out the color schemes and ornaments she used. 
I stamped the ornament in Sorbet onto Nectar cardstock.  Then I stitched with evergreen and stardust floss (floss numbers below).  Finally, I added alternating white and nectar enamel dots.  It's a little tricky to see the color variation in the photos. 
If you are wondering which flosses I used to match, here they are: 
Nectar = DMC 967
Sorbet = DMC 3341
Evergreen = DMC 561 
Stardust = DMC 729 (I think you could probably find a closer match for this one, but when I bought floss, I hadn't planned on using this color, so I just had to choose from what I had on hand later.) 

That's all for me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with one my final project for Concord & 9th's Holiday Charm Release.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


SUPPLIES (with shoppable links)

cardstock & inks: Nectar, GrapefruitEvergreen, StardustFalala Patterned Paper Pack 

stamps: Ornament Stamp & Stitch Stamps 

dies: Ornament Stamp & Stitch Dies, Take a Bough Encore Dies 

extras: white enamel dotsnectar enamel dotssorbet enamel dots

No comments:

Post a Comment