Saturday, September 16, 2023

Concord & 9th: All Is Calm

Good morning!  I'm back to share another lovely set from Concord and 9th.  Sharing this card with you today feels like inviting you into my home.  Well, my parents home actually.  Over the years my mom built quite the collection of nativities.  Looking at them each year was one of my favorite parts of Christmas.  One of them had the Holy Family inside a glass cloche.  At some point the glass broke, but it still comes out every year.  I thought of it immediately when I saw Concord and 9th's All Is Calm Bundle and the Christmas Cloche Dies and knew right away that I had to recreate it. 

I die cut the cloche, base, and snow (or sand in this case) then covered them with glitter. I stamped the Holy Family and used the All Is Calm Stencil Pack to add some color with pebble and nectar inks.  Then I paper pieced their clothes using papers from the Falala Patterned Paper Pack

I inked the edges of the the cloche with powder ink and the base with nutmeg.  Then I embossed a sentiment from the Christmas Cloche Stamp Set.  I also stamped some stars from the Christmas Cloche Stamp Set and the star from the All Is Calm Stamp Set
To complete the scene, I used the Stitched Vines Card Front Die on midnight and White Cardstock.  Then I placed a bunch of evergreen pines from the Take a Bough Encore Dies underneath the cloche because my mother usually weaves pines, poinsettias, and other greenery all around the different nativity sets. 

We are about halfway though the Concord & 9th Holiday Release.  Isn't it great that there is still more?  See you tomorrow, friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Sigh... I love this so much, Lindsey. Beautifully done my friend, this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete