Thursday, September 14, 2023

Concord & 9th: Holiday Sayings

Welcome to another day of Christmas festivities!  Today we are featuring Concord & 9th's Holiday Sayings Dies.  They are just the right size and pair perfectly with pretty much everything.  They can complement or be the star of the show.  I'm a big fan!

My card started with the fabulous Festive Corner Cuts Dies.  It cuts this beautiful ornate design in a triangle shape that fits perfectly in the corner of an A2 size card.  I was debating on my color scheme, so I cut the Festive Corner  multiple times and had them sitting in a little pile.  When I looked down they were offset a bit, and I loved the look!  I'm starting to recognize that many of my best ideas lately are completely by accident.  LOL!  I layered white on top of Nectar and Peacock...two of my most favorite colors.

Next came the big and bold "Deck the Halls" from the Holiday Sayings Dies.  I cut it from cranberry cardstock and used a white shadow backer. 

I dressed the card up with some greenery from the Ornament Stamp and Stitch Dies (leaves and berries) and the Festive Corner Cuts Dies (pines).  And since I couldn't help but sing "Deck the halls with boughs of holly..." as I created my card, I added a little holly on the sentiment.  It comes from the oldie but goodie Ornamental Stamp Set and is topped with a few cranberry enamel dots.
I used the Holiday Sayings Dies on a few more of my cards, so make sure to check back later this week.  I have lots more to share!  :) Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment: