Sunday, September 17, 2023

Concord & 9th: Festive Corner Cuts

Happy Sunday!  The Concord and 9th Holiday Release fun continues. :) Today we are featuring the beautiful Festive Corner Cuts Dies.  This set is full of possibilities.  You can make beautiful, quick cards or detailed intricate designs.  It's totally up to you.  We'll start with a quicker option.  


This card may look a bit familiar.  I loved the offset layering of the Festive Corner Cuts Dies on this card that I shared earlier this week, so I did the same thing but flipped the panel upside down.  Like before, I layered white on top of Nectar and Peacock cardstock.
I wanted to highlight that this set includes many other dies besides the decorative corner.  There are two shadowed sentiments.  Isn't this "noel" beautiful?  

I surrounded it with beautiful pines and poinsettias from the die set as well.  I spritzed these with different shimmer sprays and they are so pretty in person!  The poinsettia centers are quickly becoming a new favorite embellishment for me.  Every time I use them I feel like I'm scattering a little magic. 

Okay, on to a little more elaborate design.  The Festive Corner Die is really quite incredible.  I found that if you look at it for a while different designs and shapes will jump out at you, especially if you line the die up and cut it twice to make a square instead of a triangle.  And actually, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to line up once I had cut one triangle out.  The alignment was nearly perfect the first go around.
For this card I chose to focus on the octagonal shape hidden within.  Filling in the design was a bit tedious, but it felt like I was creating a decorative tile design.  I used Nectar and Grapefruit cardstock for the octagons and added a few Peacock diamonds. 

After spending all that time building my background I wasn't about to cover up a single bit of it, so I chose the simplest card design ever, added a sentiment from Concord & 9th's Holiday Sayings Dies, and called it a day.

I had so many ideas and can't wait to have more time to use these dies.  I actually already have two more projects made that just need to be photographed.  Have a blessed Sunday, friends!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: