Saturday, August 10, 2013

MIM #128:Randomly Stamped Backgrounds & Curtain Call: Watermelon Wonder


 
This is the second card that I made for both Papertrey's Make It Monday Randomly Stamped Backgrounds and Curtain Call's Watermelon Wonder Challenge.  My inspiration for this card came from the painted image on the bottom right of Curtain Call's inspiration collage.  It's much prettier in person, but this was the best I could do for pictures tonight.  The boys in the house decided to have an impromptu campout in the family room, so I'm confined to the not-so-great lighting of the guest room.
You may be wondering how this qualifies for PTI's challenge, but I did indeed randomly stamp the flowers from PTI's Pretty Peonies set on the background in about 9 or 10 different inks.  It's just hard to tell because after I stamped the flowers I took my aqua painter and painted over all of them, adding lots of water until they blended together. 
When everything dried I heat embossed some leaves from PTI's Turning a New Leaf set and a sentiment from PTI's Botanical Silhouettes.  The name of the blue embossing powder is "Heavenly Blue", which made me smile.  It seems quite fitting for a sympathy card, dontcha think?  Here's one last shot with a different background.

 

13 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL background Lin! Love this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this looks gorgeous, Lindsey! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, this is stunning! Love the colours, love the watercolouring effect, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Lindsey! Love the mixed media background you created! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my heavens, Lindsey! this is seriously beautiful...adore the watercolor splashes with the embossed flowers! thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call with all of your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a wonder. Love your interpretation of the bottom right (right?). Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are gorgeous! Love the blending!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippie!! Congratulations, Lindsey, for the huge showcase at the first Curtain Call challenge! I'm so thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete