Saturday, August 10, 2013

Curtain Call Watermelon Wonder Card 3

Just a short post to share one last card I made for Curtain Call's Watermelon Wonder Challenge.  (You can see my other two cards here and here.) I hope there wasn't a limit for how many cards you could enter...I forgot to check.  This card came about a bit randomly.  Each piece is something that got scrapped from the other cards I made and a card I never finished.  I obviously drew inspiration from the color scheme on the inspiration board and the feather photo.  Speaking of the feather...the feathers in the inspiration photo really stuck out to me, but alas I have no feathers or feather stamps, so I just watercolored some with some ink and my aqua painter.  I made three in different colors but this one is the only one I liked.  The butterfly is punched out of the green feather I didn't end up using.   Oh, and I have to mention the splattered background because it was the funnest part of the card.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy flicking paint.  When I was in high school I wanted to make a giant bookcase I had a bit more exciting, so I painted it white then flicked navy blue paint all over it.  It took a while to do, but it was so fun.  I'd totally forgotten about that until tonight.  Good times.  Well, I'm off to bed. :)  Have a happy weekend!
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Think Big Favorite's #19)
Ink: PTI (Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf), SU! (Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean)
Paper: PTI (Berry Sorbet Melon Berry, Rustic Cream), MME, watercolor paper
Other: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch), PTI (Doily Details Die), SU! (aqua painter), button, burlap string, paint

5 comments:

  1. oh my word, Lindsey! another masterpiece! you don't know how happy in makes me that you were inspired by the Curtain Call Watermelon Wonder challenge to create such a display of WONDERFUL! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flicked paint and your own feather! Who wouldn't love to flick paint! This turned out beautiful Lindsey and you made it your own.
    I have been on vacation and trying to catch up. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loving the colors and the design of this card Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Girl this is so bright and fun! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete