Thursday, March 7, 2013

MIM #106: Two Toned Stamped Flowers

I was intrigued by the idea of doing two toned stamped flowers, so I decided to make a card for this week's  Make It Monday Challenge.  While I've applied multiple inks to an image before, I've never done it to basically cut the image in half.  I couldn't find two pinks that I liked together, so I actually inked the flower, stamped it off once, inked just half of the image a second time, and then stamped that on my card.  I got the idea for the layout from some beautiful stationery at minted.com.  I figured that was appropriate considering another MIM challenge that Melissa Phillips did last year was based on card aisle inspiration.  I didn't get a chance to play along then, so I guess this is my way of making up for lost time. :) I simplified the flower spray a ton, but it's about as complicated as I was willing to go.  I'm having a lot of fun trying to use some PTI stamp sets that I've had for a really long time, but haven't used a ton.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Botanical Silhouettes, Daydreamer, Turning a New Leaf)
Ink: PTI (Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise), SU (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pink Passion)
Cardstock: PTI (Stamper's Select White)
Other: Michael's (pearls)

15 comments:

  1. Oh..... this is just beautiful! Great use of the MIM technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty CAS card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout, the bright colours and your two-toned stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lindsey! I love these bright flowers with the more subtle foliage behind them and all that white space just shows it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card, Lindsey. The two toned flowers are just perfect and I really like the leaves stamped behind them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and clever way to achieve the same results. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design Lindsey...it's perfectly balanced and the colours really compliment each other

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Please write to me on your lovely note-cards anytime! I like how you used the Daydreamers (?) set! Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your card came out--beautiful color choices! I've got to get mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your two-tone stamping is just beautiful, and I love all of that clean white space! The one yellow flower really pops, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Oh, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Oh, Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous card! Your stamping choices are all so perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just gorgeous. Such beautiful stamping choices. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bright splashes of brilliant color on all of that white space is truly lovely!! And I love your green springs!

    ReplyDelete