Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CTS #17 & DD #42


 
This is definitely a last second post.  I thought about CAS(E) this Sketch #17 periodically over the last few days but nothing came to mind.  I loved the way other people were using the sketch, but I couldn't think of anything different.  Then today I looked at it and I saw a band-aid.  Odd, I know, but several friends and neighbors are sick, so I guess that is what is on my mind.  It's a slight stretch on the sketch, but once I thought of a band-aid, that's what stuck.
 
I started with a different color scheme, but it was kind of blah, and who wants a drab get well card?  So I switched to a color scheme I saw on the Dynamic Duos Challenge blog, which was much brighter, more cheerful, and definitely a color combo I would not have thought to do on my own.  It's hard to tell, but the lemon tart cardstock with PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate and I used an embossing pen and white embossing powder to make the check marks. 


9 comments:

  1. Really cute, fun, card...sure to cheer someone up receiving this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Lindsey! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on this sketch - I love the creativity! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and unique take on the challenges. Tose embossed checks are fab!
    Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how the mind works?!! That's what I love about sketches - everyone sees something different!! Brilliance through and through! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great get well card! Those colors are a perfect pick me up! Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Sure to make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab get well card - bound to bring a smile to the recipient's face! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete