Friday, March 8, 2013

Craft Dash #13 & Muse Challenge #7

I made this card to participate in Muse Challenge #7 which was to draw inspiration from Laurie Willison's beautiful card.  The card turned out exactly as I had envisioned it in my head one night while putting my son to sleep.  I loved how Laurie used a white panel with a colored trim on a kraft card base, so I did something similar for mine, using a flower spray instead of a solid colored trim.  Yes, I made flower sprays in my last card, but I hadn't put the stamps away yet, so I figured I might as well used them again.  The embossed woodgrain background was inspired by the flowers Laurie stamped in the upper left corner of her card.  When I was thinking of the colors I wanted for the card, I remembered this color scheme for Craft Dash #13 which would be perfect since I was already doing a kraft card base anyway.
The only problem is that I had already had a vision of what I wanted to do for my card and it was a bit more ambitious than I should have chosen for a Craft Dash challenge (considering I rarely execute a card without a few mishaps along the way).  The flowers are embossed, the leave were all hand trimmed, and I grabbed the wrong plate for my die cutting machine, so I had to go back and search for the right one to use to emboss the woodgrain background.  It took me about 10 minutes 30 seconds to make the card, but then after I realized I had gone over the time I went back and trimmed the leaves a little nicer.  I know I'm disqualified by my time, but I was happy with how the card turned out, so I'm entering it into the challenge anyway.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Botanical Silhouettes, Daydreamer, Turning a New Leaf)
Ink: PTI (Spring Moss), SU (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive)
Cardstock: PTI (Kraft, Stamper's Select White)
Other: Michael's (pearls), Paper Studio (woodgrain embossing folder), CTMH (white embossing powder)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love love love that flower spray at the bottom! So elegant! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple and seet this is. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely :) Thank so much for stopping by my blog and for your comment that's a such a nice thing to say ...and ive been having a kinda ad morning and that really cheered me up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning ... love the natural theme of wood and flowers and the sentiment is just such a beautiful one ... great take on the Muse! Anita (in France) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower spray is fab, and the woodgrain on craft looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so beautiful! I am absolutely in love with that sentiment- I'll need to look into that one! :)

    Thank you so much for linking up with the 10 Minute Craft Dash. No worries on going over in the challenge- you still have a chance of being a "favorite". I hope to see you join in our challenge again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Too bad you went over a bit. I have never done a craft and dash , would love to try it. How nice when a card turns out just as you envisioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey - this card is gorgeous! I'm so glad you played along with us at the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete