Saturday, March 30, 2013

Craft Dash #14

It's been about three weeks since I made a card.  I still have a super sick baby - we finally got over the flu and a cold, were well for one day, and then came down with either strep or a virus (still waiting for the doctor's test results but its likely a virus).  The last two days have been the worst, so my husband decided I needed a break today.  I just sat in a daze for a while, browsed some blogs (after taking a long crafting break it was hard to get started), and finally I sat down and made a card for this week's Craft Dash.

I finished everything on the card (minus the buttons) in 7 minutes 44 seconds.  Then I sat and hemmed and hawed trying to decide if I wanted to glue the buttons on or not.  With literally just a few seconds to spare I finally decided I might as well just do it.  I finished my final button adjustment just as the 10 minute timer went off.  I just wish I had noticed that the banner was a little off...I could have used some of those last two minutes to fix that!  Oh, well.  It feels good to finally have an opportunity to make a card, and I finished just in time.  My son woke up from his nap and came in when I was cleaning up.  He saw the buttons still dumped out on the ground and said, "Whoa holy moly.  Lot a buttons." :) He and my husband have been playing with the buttons for the last 10 minutes so I could write this post.
Supplies
Stamps: TAWS (All About You)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Paper: PTI (Berry Sorbet, Kraft, Stamper's Select White), Making Memories (Honey Dew stripe)
Other: CTMH (buttons, grey wool marker)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice the banner until you mentioned it, and I actually think it looks good! I hope your little one is better soon - nothing worse than sick kiddos! So good you got a break, and I am so glad our challenge helped you get your mojo going... hopefully you find time to play again with us before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Lindsey! The banner sitting not going all the way to the edge is a great touch actually, it gives that fab pink more punch! Lovely layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love those bright, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rough month you have had and how wonderful that your husband was willing to play with buttons to give you some time to put this up for the rest of us to see!! I still can't see the banner problem - but I DO love the buttons!! Hope things get better and we see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on the color scheme....Such a bright fun card...

    Thanks for playing with us at 10 Min craft dash!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so happy! You definitely highlighted these colors and one would never guess that you hadn't crafted in a while- you definitely didn't lose any of your creativity!

    Thank you for joining along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Lindsey. I hope you can play in the next challenge!

    I hope your family gets healthy SOON! Big hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love! This is fab! I hope everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete