Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DD #42 & OLW129

 
I found a new challenge - One Layer Wednesday, and I really enjoyed playing along. The majority of my cards aren't super layered anyway, but in my efforts to actually mail the cards I make to people, one layer cards are perfect.  The current challenge is "All in a Row".
The colors for this week's Dynamic Duos challenge were still on my mind while I was trying to think of what image to stamp in a row, and then I remembered this shirt that I bought at the end of last summer for my son. (The picture is dark, but the color scheme for this line of clothing is yellow, green, and navy blue.)

Perfect.  I'd stamp an argyle pattern all in a row using yellow and green.  The only problem is that I keep forgetting to put PTI's Happy Harlequin set in my cart when I place an order, so I don't have any diamond stamps.  I've noticed lately though, once an idea gets stuck in my head, it's hard to get out.  So I grabbed some craft foam, a pen, and a ruler and a few minutes later I had a diamond stamp.  I used a stem from PTI's Heart-2-Heart #7 set to make the "x".  I think this card does this week's Dynamic Duo color combo better justice than the first card I made.  At least I like it better.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Heart-2-Heart #7), TAWS (All About You)
Ink: PTI (Lemon Tart, New Leaf, True Black)
Cardstock: PTI (Stamper's Select White)


6 comments:

  1. Are you clever or what?! Ingenious & a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very clever way to make argyle! I love it. ;-) Your one-layer card is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card...I like it....thanks for playing along with the OLW this week.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've created this argyle pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous CAS card and great use of this week's colours. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete