Sunday, April 30, 2023

Mother, I Love You

Hello!  With May about to begin, my thoughts have turned to Mother's Day.  

When I was little, there were a few songs we used to sing at church around Mother's Day.  One started with "Mother, I love you..." and another had the line "Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you." I always think of those songs this time of year, and I decided to use them as the theme for my card. 
To make a card with lots of flowers, Pretty Pink Posh's Floral Background Stencil seemed a good place to start.  I blended Concord & 9th's Sweet Pea ink lightly on the card base, and then again with a little heavier hand through the stencil.  
A couple weeks ago I shared a card using Pretty Pink Posh's Floral Corners stamp set.  It reminded me all over again how much I loved it, so it's making another appearance today.  I embossed two of the floral sprays and colored them with Zig clean color real brush markers.  I die cut them with the coordinating dies and placed them on the second largest Wonky Stitched Square.
For the sentiment I used the Mother Shadow Dies. I added a secondary stamped sentiment from Simple Sentiments using Grape Soda ink
I can't help but smile when I look at this card because it reminds me of my mom.  I love creating cards for the people I love dearly!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Your beautiful card makes me smile too,Lindsey! You can see all the love that went into it!

    ReplyDelete