Friday, April 21, 2023

Concord & 9th Triangle Background Fun

Hello, and happy Friday!  Today I'm joining Concord and 9th to feature their new Triangle Background Dies.  I had SO many ideas on how to use these dies, but then the amazing Jennifer McGuire did a video using them, and it turns out that she also had thought of the majority of my "clever" ideas.  Lol.  SO I went back to the drawing board and tried to think out of the box.  And this is where I landed...

What do you think?  I'm a big fan of geometric landscapes.  There is something amazing to me about being able to simplify things down to their most basic shape and then letting color complete the picture.  I was inspired by lots of pictures on Pinterest, Etsy, and an art piece that Bed, Bath, and Beyond used to carry, but I believe the piece originated with The Old Art Studio.  

I pulled out my color swatchbook and chose the color combination of Eggplant, Briar RoseNectarSpiced Cider, and Juniper.  I just love these earthy tones!  

I used the two triangle strips included with the Triangle Background Dies, and cut a pile of each color.  Then, I used the coverplate die to guide where I placed the triangles.  The angled lines worked perfectly for this design, and it was quite therapeutic to just sit there and glue down the little triangles. It was like those color by sticker or diamond art kits that my kids enjoy so much.

I finished my card off with a sentiment from the new Triple-Step Posy Print Dies. I couldn't believe how perfectly the slant of the "hello" matched!

My next card started with one of my favorite color combos that I made for my swatchbook--Nectar, GrapefruitDragonfruitCarnationAqua Sky, and Oceanside.  I loved it and knew it had to be made into a card.  
Of course, I ended up adding 3 more colors (Peacock, Dove, and Mushroom) before it was all said and done, but you know...
One of my favorite sources for inspiration for the Triangle Background Dies is quilt patterns.  I didn't follow any particular pattern on this card, but the idea was sparked by some quilts that I saw. 

The sentiment on my card comes from the Everyday Sayings Dies.   I just love them!

Okay, last card. :) This one was completely unplanned.  The triangle strips in the Triangle Background Dies cut mostly full triangles, but some half triangles.  I didn't use any on my previous card, so when I was finished I pushed them all aside into a pile.  I glanced down at the pile and LOVED how it looked.  Then I saw the negative "hi" die cut and the rest is history. 

All I did was cover a square with glue, stick the pile of discarded triangles down on it, and place the negative cut on top.  Simple, quick, and completely made of scraps...win, win, win! 
Yeah, I'm still smiling about it. :) Wait, confession.  I did strategically rearrange the Dragonfruit and Peacock triangles just a bit to balance out their dark colors.  Okay, I feel better now.  

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I hope I'm leaving you smiling to go into the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment