Monday, April 10, 2023

Concord & 9th Color Release Insta Hop

Good morning!  To say that I am excited to be joining Concord and 9th for their brand new color release would be a huge understatement.  I have been happy dancing for a month!  And if I'm being honest, some happy tears were shed as well.  Today's cards are part of a big Insta Hop going on, so make sure you head over to my Instagram account, so you can join.  There are so many incredible projects being shared and giveaways at every stop.  You do not want to miss out!

I can't tell you how much I love the new colors!  I have been swatching my little heart out and having the best time doing it.  Today we were supposed to share a favorite color combination.  It was so hard to choose!  I have lots of favorites!  So naturally I chose a color scheme with lots of colors. :)  Seven to be exact.  
To create my card, I pulled out the new Mod Turnabout Stamp Set.  I only did 3 turns on the turnabout, but I used 5 colors.  One one turn I inked the entire thing with Oceanside ink.  On the next turn I inked up some with Avocado and some with Lemongrass (two of the new greens).  On the third turn I used Aqua Sky and Blueberry ink.  I just love how the old and new colors fit seamlessly together!
Instead of doing the final turn, I had some fun with the pattern and added Carnation and Sweet Pea dots in various sizes in the open spaces. (The dots came from the Sweet Bee Dies and extra dots from the "i" in the sentiment.) 
Speaking of the sentiment, I cut one of the fabulous new Just Say More Dies in Blueberry Cardstock and framed it with Sweet Pea and Carnation flowers cut with the Sweet Bee Dies.
Before I move on to the next card I have to make note of the color swatch itself.  I made it using the new Swatchbook Bundle, which I think you are going to LOVE!  I'll be sharing more about it in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say that it is worth every penny.  The paint swatch lover in me is in color heaven!

Okay, while I had all my supplies out, I decided to make a second card.  I used all of the same colors, but this time I did four complete turns with the Mod Turnabout Stamp.  On the last turn I added in Carnation and Sweet Pea inks. 
With a busy pattern on the card base, I decided to keep everything else simple.  I used the Markered Messages Dies for the sentiment, cutting it each letter with Sweet Pea, Carnation Aqua SkyOceanside, Blueberry, Avocado, and Lemongrass cardstock.  
Then I added a few of the smallest hearts from the Just Say More Dies
Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  
Don't forget to pop over to Instagram to join the hop.  I would love for one of you to win the giveaway!  And you can check out Concord and 9th's full release here.  You are going to love it all!  Wishing you the most wonderful week, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lindsey! Your cards are bright, happy and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, it was so wonderful to have my own private showing and sharing during our FaceTime chat today! Thanks so very much for your magical swatching and comparisons!
    btw I'm in LOve with your combination today - AND this MOD turnabout is calling to my flower child heart!
    Love you, sweetie!
    =]

    ReplyDelete