Friday, April 28, 2023

Flowers Great and Small with Concord & 9th

Good morning, friends!  I cannot believe it, but April is swiftly coming to a close.  Today I'm sharing my last official post using Concord and 9th's April Color Release.  It's been the happiest month with SO MUCH color.  I hadn't used a couple of the products releasing this month yet, so I combined them on this card.  And I'm happy to report that both the Flower Press Stencil Pack and the Triple-Step Posy Stamps are in stock, so you can still pick them up. :) 

One of the things I was really excited to see with the new color release was an expansion of the purples.  For today's card I used two new colors--Lilac and Fig-- and paired them with the previously released EggplantOceansideSprout, and Parsley.

There have been lots of beautiful cards shared using the Triple-Step Posy Print Bundle in the more traditional way, so I decided to go a little different direction.  Every time I looked at those dainty little posies I would think of butterflies, so I decided to use them to use them on a butterfly.   Concord and 9th's Whimsical Wings Dies worked perfectly for this.  

I stamped two panels with the Triple-Step Posy Stamps in LilacFigSprout, and Parsley.  Then I cut them out with the Whimsical Wings Dies.  I also cut a second set of upper wings in Fig to layer behind and used one of the layering dies in Oceanside to add detail to the lower set of wings.  If you look closely, you can see that I also added a few Lilac and Fig Enamel Dots to the posies.  They match the colors really well! I cut the butterfly body in Eggplant and then cut a few of the posies with the Triple-Step Posy Dies to create eyespots on the butterfly wings. 

I used the Flower Press Stencil Pack to create the perfect floral background.  A couple things about this stencil...First, I love it more and more every time I ink it up.  Second, the stencils themselves are noticeably thicker than other stencils I have used, and they are REALLY easy to work with even in tiny detailed areas.  Third, there are four stencils, but the images are large enough and spaced far enough apart that it is easy to add extra colors like I did here.  (I used all 6 colors in my color scheme.)

The final step on this card was a sentiment from the Triple-Step Posy Stamps stamped in Oceanside ink.  Thanks so much for joining me today and all this month!  It's been a fun one!  I hope I've been able to inspire you. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment