Friday, August 12, 2022

Concord & 9th Feature Friday

Surprise!  Surprise!  I'm delighted to share that I am guest designing for Concord and 9th this month.  It's a true joy to work with them.  August's release is packed full of the things that I love.  It's going to be a good month! :)  For today's Feature Friday we are featuring the darling new Friendly Florals Bundle.  When I first heard the name I knew I was going to love this set, and I most definitely do!

These stamps and dies were so much fun to create with, and I have three projects to share today, so let's get started!  First up, the birthday card.  
I started by die cutting the two flower layers in Honeysuckle and Poppy and the centers in Buttercup cardstock.  Next, I used Concord and 9th's new small blending brushes (they are fabulous by the way) to add some shading.  I used the coordinating Honeysuckle, Poppy, and Buttercup inks on each piece plus a little Marmalade ink on the bottom edges of the flower cones. Finally, I die cut the two flowers stems in Clover cardstock.  
One thing worth noting is that the stems bend in opposite directions, which is awesome and allows you to orient the flowers in whatever direction you would like.  After adhering the layers, I fluffed up the petals, and the dimension is so pretty!
I wanted to frame out these beautiful flowers, so I die cut the scalloped panel from the Triple Step Floral Frame Dies, and then used the oval in Friendly Florals Dies to cut out the center. I stamped the wavy stripes from the Pick a Pattern Stamp Set onto the oval and adhered it directly to my card base.  I added some Lawn Fawn chunky glitter and used dimensional foam to pop up my frame.
I cut the large "friend" sentiment from the Friendly Florals Dies in black and layered it atop the white shadow.  Then I placed it on the large dimensional banner also included in the set.  I added a second sentiment (happy birthday from the Delicate Blossoms Stamp Set) that I embossed on Honeysuckle cardstock.  And then I just sat back and smiled from ear to ear because I love these flowers so much!
Next up is a little tag I pieced together with some leftover bits and pieces. While creating my last card, I wasn't sure which colors I wanted where, so I ended up with extra flowers, sentiments, and banners. 
I used a leftover Honeysuckle flower and added a few of the tiny blossoms in the Friendly Florals Dies.  
The Friendly Florals Stamp Set has several sentiments that curve beautifully along the oval die in the set, so I stamped one and then added the friend banner at the bottom.  
I kind of love the symbolism of this big, beautiful flower standing out above the rest when paired with this sentiment.  I feel like it emphasizes just how special this friend is.  
My final project is extra special because it reminds me of my mom.  I love coneflowers.  LOVE them!  One of the reasons for that is because my mom has had purple coneflowers and Black Eyed Susans growing in her yard for years and years.  I have some growing in my yard now, too, and I smile every time I see them.  
To create this card I cut and blended ink on more flowers in HoneysucklePoppy, and Buttercup.  I was going for a more playful and natural arrangement on this one...like they would grow in your garden. :) A slimline seemed the way to go, so I could fit as many flowers as possible.
For a bit of added interest, I arranged the flowers (leaving a space for the sentiment) on top of a card base embossed with the new Honeycomb Quilt Top Dies.  I did a little partial die cutting and embossed twice in order to have the cover plate fit the entire length of the card. 
I thought this sentiment was a perfect pairing with this bunch of flowers.  It is from the new Apple Orchard Turnabout Stamp Set, and I think it brings an instant smile.  I did a little fussy cutting on this one to trim it out.  
The final addition was a few of the bees from Friendly Florals.  This bundle has lots of fun extras.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!   It's fun to be able to share something that brings me so much joy with others.  

1 comment:

  1. You've worked your magic with this set, Lindsey! Your cards shout summer and are just delightful!

    ReplyDelete