Friday, August 19, 2022

Concord & 9th Feature Friday: Honeycomb & Apples

Good morning!  Today’s Feature Friday for Concord and 9th is all about apples and honeycomb.  We are featuring the Apple Orchard Bundle and the Honeycomb Patterns Bundle, and I think you'll be wanting to add these to your craft collection. ;)

I'll start with the Honeycomb Patterns Bundle.  These hexagons are so fun to work with!  The Honeycomb Quilt Top Dies makes lining up the individual hexagons a breeze.    

I had so many ideas, but decided to go with an ombre pattern on this one.  I love the color blue and Concord and 9th has so many gorgeous blues.  From the top down I used MidnightPeacockOceanside, and Aqua Sky.

This card is made entirely with dies and because the Honeycomb Quilt Top Dies include two rows of hexagons, you can cut six at a time.  This speeds up the cutting process a lot!  I used mostly the solid hexagons, but the set also includes a few with cut out shapes inside the hexagon as well as the "hi" hexagon that I used on my card. 

PS If you want to see some other ways to use the  Honeycomb Patterns Bundle, you can check out this post that I shared last week.

Next up is the super cute Apple Orchard Bundle.  I absolutely LOVE the size of the apple in this die.  It is large enough to stand alone as a shaped card or tag and just the right size to fit on a card front.  it's perfect.  
Starting with the Honeycomb Quilt Top Die as my base, I built a pattern using the small apples and leaves in the Apple Orchard Dies. With school just starting, I had crayons on my mind, so I chose a rainbow of colors - HoneysucklePoppy, MarmaladeButtercupClover, and Oceanside.
The Apple Orchard Dies include a whole apple as well as an apple slice.  Though it looks cute with just one slice, I thought why not make a rainbow of slices?  It's a fun little surprise when you get a peek at the side of the card.  
Again I used HoneysucklePoppyMarmaladeButtercupClover, and Oceanside cardstock.
The sentiment is one of several included in the Apple Orchard Turnabout Stamp Set.  
You can see another of the larger sentiments included in the set on the big pink apple in the photo below. 
Thanks so much for joining me today.  You'll definitely want to also check out the Concord and 9th Blog because the other guest designers have created some amazing projects to share with you today.  They definitely wowed me!

1 comment:

  1. Two cute cards, Lindsey! I especially like your cheerful apple card!

    ReplyDelete