Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PTI Water Color Challenge & DT Favorites Inspiration Challenge: Melissa

This card was inspired by one of the amazing Melissa Philips' favorites. I know it looks nothing like a "Melissa card" which are so recognizable, but I know my limits.  (I've even tried breaking out a few times during PTI's anniversary challenges, and I ended up not liking the final project.) I loved Melissa's layout, but I'm rarely successful with a lot of layers, so I just simplified it...a lot. (I used the middle card in the second column as inspiration.)
I also made this card for PTI's watercolor challenge, though I cannot take credit for the watercolored butterflies on my card.  My cute little son would be the artist behind that.  (You can read more and see the little artist in action here.)  I just took what he watercolored and die cut it.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Mat Stack 3 Collection, Think Big Favorites #19)
Ink: SU (Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky)
Paper: AC (Tropicals), PTI (Rustic White), SEI (Poppy), Michaels (Watercolor paper)
Other: CTMH (hemp), PTI (Vintage Cream button, Beautiful Butterflies die, Mat Stack 3 die, coaster), watercolors

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, love the effect of the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is lovely in your own style and a wonderful tribute to Melissa Phillips. The colors are brilliant, bold and a fantastic accent to the watercolored butterflies your artist son made. Love the collaboration! I am off to become a new follower.

    ReplyDelete