Thursday, May 6, 2021

Pretty Pink Posh Insta Hop (with prizes!)

Good morning!  Today I'm sharing a card in celebration of  Pretty Pink Posh's brand new May Release.  This release is packed with so many awesome new products!  And there is an Insta hop going on with prizes, so hopefully you can pick up some of these new goodies yourself. :)

One of the first new products that caught my eye was the Tulip Cover Plate Die.  There is a lot of potential with this new die from the most simple to a little more complex.  I think I went in the medium range of complexity here, but I've actually made several cards with this die already, and every option is a great one.
I wanted to add a variety of colors, but still keep the clean bold lines, so I paper pieced in solids.  I die cut the coverplate 6 times - twice in white and once each in peach, coral, pink, and mint.  I used one white die cut as my base to adhere all the other colors to.  If you place press 'n seal wrap over each die cut layer to keep all the pieces together, it makes it so much easier to find the piece you need!  
First, I trimmed and adhered the stems to the die cut.  I inlaid the petals next, placed a press n' seal sheet over them to hold all the pieces in place, and then flipped them over and put tape across the back to attach them to the white outline.  Using tape makes quick work of adhering these, and I'm all for speeding up the process. 
Next, I carefully trimmed out the outline of the tulips from the second white die cut and placed that over top.  Then, I adhered traced around the vase portion, and cut and adhered vellum to it.  The vellum is one of my favorite parts on the card!  I love the way it makes it look like the flowers are actually inside.  I adhered the white layer on top of everything else, and then decided, so I ended up with one solid panel.
This deep turqoise would have been fine on it's own, but I wanted to add a little pizzaz to it, so I used stencil to dry emboss it.  Aren't stencils, the best?  They are so versatile!  Included in the the Tulip Cover Plate Die is a little tag and bow.   I die cut those and added a sweet sentiment from Pretty Pink Posh's Spring Robins Stamp Set.  Then I popped everything up to add some dimension.  (Sure love how such a simple thing as that adds so much of an impact to a card.)  And done! 

Make sure to head to my Instagram account to join in the fun!  If Instagram isn't your thing, there is also a separate blog hop going on (go to the Pretty Pink Posh Blog here).  Both are definitely worth checking out...double the fun and double the prizes. Just make sure to leave comments along the way by May 9th.

2 comments:

  1. I like the depth this has! Very pretty card, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to stop by to see your process, Lindsey! It's fabulous - and think of all the other cards you are prepped for? [and the challenges it fits in - hint: The Flower Challenge!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete