Monday, May 31, 2021

Best Dad

Hello and Happy Memorial Day!  It seems fitting that I am sharing a card made for family today since I have been thinking of family all day.  I miss my grandparents a little extra on days like this and wish I still lived close enough that I could visit and decorate their graves to honor them.  It was a favorite family tradition growing up.  Speaking of family traditions, my grandfather taught my dad to golf and it was something that they always enjoyed doing together.  Because of this, I immediately zoned in on the golf images when I saw Pretty Pink Posh's Dad Stamp Set.  
I stamped all the images to create a background, colored them in with markers, and die cut "DAD" using the coordinating dies.  The letters are busy, so they needed a simple background.  I used Nature's Essential's Dies to cut the grass, but I did some some partial die cutting, so only the tips of the grass would cut and I could make the panel much longer than it would typically be.  Using  Nature's Essential's again, I die cut a frame from grey textured cardstock.  It adds just a little somethin' to this otherwise very simple card.  
I love the sentiment "you're the best" that is included in the Dad Stamp Set because I say that all of the time.  I really do think that I have the best dad in the whole world.  I've been richly blessed.  Wishing you lots of blessing this week, too!  Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment