Sunday, September 13, 2020

Pretty Pink Posh Pond Life

Hello!  Today's card just makes me smile.  Pretty Pink Posh stamps seem to have that effect on me, and their Pond Life Stamp Set is one of my favorites.  I almost always create my cards with a specific recipient in mind, and today's card is for one of my kiddos, so that makes it a little extra special.  
To create my card, I stamped, die cut, and colored several images from Pretty Pink Posh's Pond Life Stamp Set with Prismacolor pencils. I wanted the pond water to be more subtle, so I decided to blend the ink onto the background.  I created a stencil by flipping the cloud die cut from Pretty Pink Posh's Nature Essentials upside down.  Then, I blended on The Stamp Market's Sea Glass Ink.  It created gentle waves all across the background.
I used the Storybook 5 Die, building the scene on the top half and stamping a sentiment from PPP's Simple Sentiments Stamp Set on the lower half.  The Storybook 5 Die only cuts the windows and embosses the outside stitching, so in order to create a frame with the colored cardstock, I trimmed just outside the embossed lines after I cut it.  

Finally, I wanted a little more dimension on the card base, so I used Pretty Pink Posh's Simple Strips dies to cut several strips of varying widths.  Then I adhered them to the card base with the narrowest strips at the top and widest strips at the bottom.

Though still clean and simple, this card has a lot more going on than my typical cards.  And yet I love that this sweet frog still remains the clear focus.  Isn't he just the cutest?  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. From the story book look of your card, to his 'dinner' I toadily love this, Lindsey! Especially loving the 'planked' look of those strips of paper on your card base! Your kiddo is going to love it!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he sure is cute, Lindsey ... your colouring has him positively glowing ... and what a lovely sentiment to go with him! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete