Saturday, August 29, 2020

PPP: Teacher Thank You

 

Good morning!  Thank you cards are my favorites to make, and this particular card fills my heart with so much gratitude.  Trying to figure out what to do for school this fall has been so difficult, but the different teachers and principals we have worked with have been absolutely wonderful.  I have been amazed at their willingness to work with us to figure out the best learning option for each of our children.  In fact one of the principals and I spoke almost daily for two weeks as we went back and forth trying to find the best fit for one of my children.  Her effort and care on our behalf was most definitely above and beyond, so I knew I needed to send her a special thank you.
I stamped multiple images from Pretty Pink Posh's School Friends stamp set to create the background.  I really wanted to use Pretty Pink Posh's Thankful For You Script Dies for the sentiment (I LOVE their script dies!), but it just seemed to get lost on the busy background.  I hemmed and hawed for a bit trying to figure out what to do, and finally after 3 or 4 failed attempts I remembered vellum.  Placing a piece of vellum on top softened the background just enough for the script to stand out.  I'm actually really liking black and white these days, but I paper pieced one apple for just a pop of color. 
I've always been grateful for educators, but this year my admiration, respect, and gratitude for them has swelled so much.  I have a feeling I am going to need more teacher thank yous this year than any before.  I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, that perfect slip of vellum - does it for me all the time! So wonderful, Lindsey!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a wonderful group of educators for your kids! This is a fabulous thank you and will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete