Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Pretty Pink Posh - Halloween Backgrounds

Hello, friends!  Fall is officially here and my children are asking to decorate for Halloween, so I figure that it is time that my cardmaking reflects the season change, too.  I love Halloween, but the cute, fun parts - pumpkins, the changing leaves, the joy of a child dressing up.  This card embodies all of those things. 
Another thing I love is stamping backgrounds, so why not combine all the things I love onto one card?  I pulled images from Pretty Pink Posh's Boo and Autumn Wreath stamp sets and stamped away starting with the largest images first and filling in with the smaller ones.  
I love how freeing this kind of stamping is.  No precision needed. :)  This is also a classic autumn color combo that I come back to year after year.  I used inks from a variety of companies: marmalade (Concord & 9th), really rust (Stampin' Up), onyx black (Versafine), honey drizzle and silver stone (Altenew).
I finished the card off by die cutting the smaller rectangle in Pretty Pink Posh's Storybook 5 die and embossing a sentiment from their Boo stamp set.  I did mask the sentiment a bit to use just "Happy Halloween".  It makes me happy when I think to do things like that.  Such a simple way to stretch your stamps. 
Happy sigh.  I'm smiling big here.  I have a few more cards using these stamp sets made, so stay tuned. Have a happy week, friends!

3 comments:

  1. This is a darling fall card Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I love the whimsy that cute little bat brings to this sweet card! I think this might be the prettiest Halloween card ever!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, fresh and sweetly whimsical, Lindsey ... those colourful line art images are so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete