Sunday, September 27, 2020

Pretty Pink Posh: Halloween Plaid

Good morning!  I've been anxious all week to share this card with you. I had so much fun creating it last weekend, and I'm super excited because this card could be recreated for oodles of other occasions.  Simply swap out the sentiment and change up the color scheme.
Another great thing is that you need very few supplies to make it, just the Simple Strips dies and Boo stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh.  Now, I'll tell you right up front that you are going to want to cut more strips of paper than you would think you need.  Having multiples in every size makes it much easier to create your design.  I believe I ran each of the four colors through at least 3 or 4 times. I then took that giant pile of paper strips and sorted them into sizes.  
It's best to lay your largest strips down first.  I started with orange and roughly made a box.  Then, I added in the purple, gray, and finally the black.  I had a pattern in mind, but partially through I just abandoned ship and started sticking strips here and there until I was satisfied.  I did try to maintain some repeating elements. 
I ended up with three layers of strips.  To keep them all together, I covered the whole thing with press 'n seal, then flipped it over and used strips of double sided tape to hold it all together.  Because the pattern overlaps so much, it was actually easy to do.  I would recommend the strips of tape over liquid adhesive because the tape provided some extra stability.  Once everything was secured I adhered the strips to a square piece of cardstock and trimmed off all the overhanging edges.  
The pattern was bold enough that I knew I needed to keep the sentiment simple, so I inked up just the beginning of the sentiment in the Boo stamp set. 
And done!  Minus the slight panic I felt when initially I wasn't sure how to adhere everything together, this card was extremely satisfying to make...almost therapeutic actually.  I hope you'll give it a try.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm MAD for your plaid, Lindsey! How fun!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderfully modern and fun! Beautifully done Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold, graphic and so striking, Lindsey ... such a cool look! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete