Thursday, May 10, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #65: Background Patterns From Patterned Paper Scraps & Monday with Melis Challenge

I was actually really excited to see this week's Make It Monday challenge at PTI because I have a terrible time throwing away scraps from papers I really like. I have a huge stash of scraps, and these particular triangle scraps were left over from a banner I made for a baby shower last September. I loved the orange and teal together, and when I looked at them I immediately thought of this adorable picture my sister-in-law took of my sister's youngest daughter. I absolutely love her, and I think this picture captures just how adorable my little niece is.
I cannot claim the layout as my own. I recently looked at Jessica Sprague's blog, and I saw this layout on one of Jessica's online classes. I guess I couldn't get it out of my head because when I started putting this page together I realized it was looking strikingly similar to Jessica's layout.
Here is a close up of the background I pieced from the scraps.
I also created this layout with the Mondays with Melis Challenge #3 from a few weeks ago in mind.  This particular challenge was titled "Shake Up Your Style!", and you had to create a card (obviously I didn't do a card) with the following 4 things:
1. A new to you style -- I have had these Walnut Ink sprays from Tsukineko forever and I have never used them...until today. And now I know why...I'm not very good at the grunge look. :)  I ended up changing my layout and hiding most of what I had sprayed on.
2. A cupcake or something sweet
3. Buttons
4. Background Stamp
My little cupcake from Baby Button Bits (PTI) fills the last three challenge requirements.  I stamped Background Basics: Text Style (PTI) on the cake part of the cupcake.
Here are a couple more detail shots.  I decorated for a football themed party a couple months ago and had a bunch of scraps leftover from some flags I made with paper and dowels.  I saw the scraps in my pile when I was pulling the ones out for this layout and I thought of those flags, so I decided to make itty bitty versions of them with paper and toothpicks.  
 
Supplies
Stamps: Baby Button Bits (PTI), Background Basics: Text Style (PTI)
Ink: Buckaroo Blue (SU), Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper: Rustic Cream Cardstock (PTI), Seasons Collection: Fall Brown (Provo Craft), First Blush Designer Cardstock Collection (Prima Marketing Inc.), and scraps from Mosaic Memories (Recollections) and Chloe's Closet DP (MM)
Other: Doily Details Die (PTI), Large Scallop Border Die (PTI), Buttercream & Lemondrop Twine (The Twinery), Juniper Brads (CTMH), Cocoa Marker (CTMH), Terra Cotta Walnut Ink (Tsukineko), Autumn Buttons (CTMH), Scallop Square Punch (SU), toothpicks

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout! I love all the fun details you included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had to take you forever. It's awesome. I love all the scrap papers you put together, the scalloped edge, the cupcake, the colors, the layout and the cute little flags. In other words, love everything.

    ReplyDelete