Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Make It Monday #66: Felt Flowers From Border Dies

When I saw this week's Make It Monday to create a felt flower out of a border die, I knew I had to play along because I've been having fun making felt flowers from border dies the last few months (see this post and this post).  But then I decided I wanted to stretch myself a bit and try to come up with a different flower than the ones I've already done, so I started die cutting and experimenting.  I ended up using the negative/left over felt after die cutting PTI's large scallop border die to create both flowers on the card.  For the large flower, I just took the entire negative strip and pleated it as I turned it in a circle.  And for the flower bud, I just folded a portion of the negative strip over a couple times.  It looked kind of funny at the bottom, so then I cut a single scallop and layed it diagonally across the front to hide the mess.  That made it look more like a bud, which is what I was going for anyway.  Oh, and I used my x-acto knife to cut a slit for the branches to slide through, so it looked like the flowers were actually inside the jar.
Supplies
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes, Friendship Jar Summer Fillers, Turning a New Leaf (all PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Old Olive (SU), Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream (all PTI)
Other: Large Scallop Border Die (PTI), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Hollyhock button (CTMH), felt, twine

4 comments:

  1. this is so amazing, creative and rustic. I am in love again. You keep amazing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floweres are so pretty. Great idea putting them in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Lindsey! Looks so fresh and fun in the jar!

    ReplyDelete