Monday, January 28, 2013

Retro Sketches #48


 
Occasionally when I make a card I really like the paper, dies, or color scheme that I use and more ideas for cards start to pop into my head.  I had the time, so I decided to make three cards using essentially the same products.  This was one of those cards.  I used Retro Sketch #48.  Initially, I really struggled with the sketch.  I actually had a card basically finished (except the glue and sentiment), but something was just off, so I left it.  Today I went back in and figured out how to change some things to make it work.  This card uses a little bit of a lot of things--stamping, coloring, stitching, and glittering--and I must say that I like the end result of the card much better now than I did before.
And here's a really quick shot I took of the three cards together.  I finished the other two a couple nights ago.  You can see the details on them here.
Supplies
Stamps: Bake Me a Cake (Lawn Fawn), Mat Stack 1 Collection (PTI)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU), Sorbet (CTMH), Spring Moss (PTI)
Markers: Sorbet (CTMH); Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow (SU)
Paper: Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, Rustic Cream, Spring Moss (PTI); Lime Twist Collection (MME)
Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU)

1 comment:

  1. Very bold and graphic card. I like it! especially the banners behind the cake. I just got a new cake stamps and I'm going to try that. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete