Sunday, January 20, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash + Moxie Fab Itty Bitty Challenge

I decided to make a card (the larger car card) for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash #10 Challenge since my first entry was a game for my son.  I wish I could tell you my exact time, but I only know that it was over 10 minutes.  I set the timer on reverse (counting down), and when it went off, I still wasn't done.  Boo!  My first Craft Dash fail.  My top 3 time consuming mistakes: my husband coming home from work and coming in to talk to me during the challenge, changing the size of the card three times during the challenge, and building my own sentiment with itty bitty individual alphabet stamps.

I know I used the same car from PTI's Enjoy the Ride on my first craft dash attempt, but since that was my first time using the little car (even though I've owned this set 2 1/2 years), I decided I had to try it out on a card.  My favorite part of the whole card are the little hearts getting puffed out of the little exhaust pipe (that I added by stamping a portion of the cakestand in Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake set).  I realize that isn't where an exhaust pipe sits on a car, but that was the best place I could figure out to put it on this car. 

I actually really liked how the card turned out and since I had all the supplies still out (and had failed my 10 minute challenge), I decided to make a smaller version for Moxie Fab World's itty bitty card challenge.  It measures 3x3 in size, and I'm pretty sure that I like it even more in the tiny size than I do in the regular size.

Here's a comparison of the two.

Okay, so it bugged me that I didn't make the 10 minute challenge with my car card, so I attempted Craft Dash #10 one more time...and this time was a success!  I finished in 9 minutes 44 seconds.  I built the cake with Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake set, adding the text in pink pirouette from PTI's BB:Text Style.  Next I stamped and cut out the happy banner from PTI's Tag-it's #10, then stamped birthday on the cake.  I topped it off with some glitter and some rhinestones.  
Happy <3 Day Supplies
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride (PTI), Background Basics: Retro (PTI), Bake Me a Cake (Lawn Fawn), Sans Alphabet (CTMH)
Ink: Pink Pirouette (SU), Basic Gray (SU), Spring Moss (PTI)
Paper: White (PTI), Spring Moss (PTI), Gray
Other: Flipping Out Die (PTI)

Happy Birthday Supplies
Stamps: Bake Me a Cake (Lawn Fawn), Background Basics: Text Style (PTI)
Ink: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette (SU), Spring Moss (PTI)
Paper: Spring Moss, White (PTI)
Other: Sterling Glitter (Martha Stewart), Rhinestone Stickers (Recollections)


4 comments:

  1. It's good to know I wasn't the only one who couldn't complete the challenge on my first try! All three of your cards turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a pro at using these colors now. I like ALL of your takes, even if one of them didn't make the time limit. :)

    Thank you for playing again in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope to see you for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete