Sunday, January 27, 2013

PTI MIM #101 and CASE Study #125

I go the chance to make two quick cards this evening, and ended up doing one for PTI's Make It Monday Challenge and CASE Study Challenge #125.  The MIM challenge was to do layered embossing and the following card was the CASE study inspiration made by this month's muse Amber Kemp-Gerstel.
For the CASE study challenge, I was drawn to the map with the little heart and the textured background.  And Georgia is awful close to Virginia where my family lives, so I knew I wanted to use the map element and make a thinking of you card.  I also just kind of went with a softened version of the color scheme, using melon, dark grey, and cream instead of red, black, and white.
I also applied PTI's Make It Monday challenge to this card, which was to do layered embossing.  After finding a map online and printing it out, I used an embossing marker to outline all of the states and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  The colors came out kind of funny in the picture.  The state of Virginia is embossed darker, but the contrast of the greens isn't nearly as striking in real life as it appears in the photos.  I added the heart and embossed it in vanilla on top of the clear embossing.  It bled a bit more than I was wanting, but not enough that I was going to go back to my computer and print a whole new map.
I was really liking the colors and this paper from My Mind's Eye's Lime Twist collection, so I decided to make a second card just because.  It was super simple to make and it was nice to make a wordless card.  I like having them on hand just in case I don't have a card for a particular occasion.  And this one is so generic I could use it for anything.  Okay, that's it for tonight!  My bed is calling me. :)
 
Map Card Supplies
Stamps: On My Couch Additions
Ink: Juniper (CTMH), VersaMark
Paper: Rustic Cream, Melon Berry (PTI), MME Lime Twist Collection
Other: Fabulous Frames Dies (PTI), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Clear Embossing Powder (CTMH), Vanilla Stampin' Emboss (SU), embossing marker
Heart Card Supplies
Paper: Rustic Cream, Melon Berry (PTI), MME Lime Twist Collection
Other: Fabulous Frames Dies (PTI), Vintage Cream button (PTI), Hemp (CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. so creative in the wee hours of the morning, aren't you? so stinking cute as usual. maybe for my cards we can try something a little more of your style...meaning less simple, more awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool, from the texture on the card base, to the fun use of the map! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chevron arrow on the polaroid! So cool! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete