When I saw this week's Make It Monday to create a felt flower out of a border die, I knew I had to play along because I've been having fun making felt flowers from border dies the last few months (see this post and this post). But then I decided I wanted to stretch myself a bit and try to come up with a different flower than the ones I've already done, so I started die cutting and experimenting. I ended up using the negative/left over felt after die cutting PTI's large scallop border die to create both flowers on the card. For the large flower, I just took the entire negative strip and pleated it as I turned it in a circle. And for the flower bud, I just folded a portion of the negative strip over a couple times. It looked kind of funny at the bottom, so then I cut a single scallop and layed it diagonally across the front to hide the mess. That made it look more like a bud, which is what I was going for anyway. Oh, and I used my x-acto knife to cut a slit for the branches to slide through, so it looked like the flowers were actually inside the jar.
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes, Friendship Jar Summer Fillers, Turning a New Leaf (all PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU), Old Olive (SU), Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream (all PTI)
Other: Large Scallop Border Die (PTI), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Hollyhock button (CTMH), felt, twine