Friday, November 12, 2021

Waffle Flower - Unexpected Holiday Colors Challenge

Hello!  I was delighted when my dear friend Jeanne Jachna invited me to be her guest for the Waffle Flower November Challenge.  The theme for November is "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"  and our special twist this week is holiday cards in unexpected colors.

Hopefully by now you know that creating color combos is one of my favorite things to do, so I challenged myself to come up with not only unexpected colors for Christmas, but also a color combination that I had never used before. I had a few ideas in mind but settled on chocolate brown, teal, and warm orange-ish yellow. (How's that for a color description?  Ha!)  

I made a quick and easy card that could easily be mass produced.   By using a classic Christmas pine, you could change up the colors to pretty much any combination you could dream up and still maintain a Christmas feel.  For my card I blended all three trees using Waffle Flower's awesome Pine Trees Stencils, choosing one color of ink for each pine. (Just FYI, this stencil gives you so much bang for your buck!  It has the outline of three pines, inserts of each tree that allow you to add details or to blend the background instead of the pine silhouette, and it also includes snow drift stencils.  I'm a huge fan!)

Okay, back to the card.  After blending the pines, I flicked on gold and white paint for a little added interest.  While that was drying, I die cut and heat embossed a sentiment from Waffle Flower's Oversized Joy Word Die and Stamp Set.  I added a second layer of white under the "joy" die cut to help it stand out a bit more and popped up the sentiment for a little dimension on this otherwise one-layer card.  
And there you have it!  What do you think?  I hope you'll try experimenting with colors this week.  I get a ridiculous amount of joy doing so.  It always keeps things interesting, right?  You can head over to the Waffle Flower Blog to see what the other designers came up with for the challenge and join the fun.  Have a wonderful weekend friends!

3 comments:

  1. I love your color choices, Lindsey this is such a pretty card! Congrats on guesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really fun combo, Lindsey! and wonderful to see you hanging out with Waffle Flower, and Jeanne, and Karren, too!
    I might be working on a little something... wink! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo and your pretty card! Wonderfully inspiring.

    ReplyDelete