Saturday, November 27, 2021

Christmas Joy

Happy Saturday, Friends!  We are pulling out the Christmas decorations today, and this card expresses exactly how I feel.  My heart is full of Christmas joy!  I think Thanksgiving is the most perfect holiday to precede Christmas.  There could not be a better transition into the Christmas season than having a heart full of gratitude. 

Last year I made a couple Christmas cards in red, white, and silver (you can see them here), so I decided it would be fun to make a new card in the same colors this year.  I pulled out some old and new Pretty Pink Posh products and got to work.  I started with Lattice Background Die.  After die cutting it, I cut a large circle out of the middle, so I could make my card a shaker.  I filled the shaker with Sweetheart Rhinestones, removing the pink ones to save for a later project.  These rhinestones make the best sound when you shake them!

I wanted to pull in some of the elements from last year's cards, so I used poinsettias and pine sprigs, but this time I used Poinsettia Corners Stamp Set and Dies.  I embossed it in white on vellum and backed it with white cardstock.  I used the Pine Sprigs Dies and Fall Foliage Dies to create a little extra foliage, and then adhered the arrangement to my card.  I think Christmas makes me want to decorate even my cards more, so I added Cherry Red Pearls and Metallic Silver Pearls to the centers of my poinsettias.  

I finished off my card by silver embossing two sentiments from the Holiday Scripts Stamp Set and cutting them out with the coordinating dies.  It never ceases to amaze me how easily and perfectly these dies align with the scripty words.  Well, that's all for me today.  I better head back to the Christmas decorating and there's the last slice of a lemon meringue pie calling my name. :)  Have a lovely weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment