Sunday, November 28, 2021

Christmas Candle

Good morning!  This card has been a long time coming...as in I made it more than two months ago.  First, a little backstory.  One of the things that I love about the area we live in is that people still decorate with wreaths on all their windows and candles in the windowsills.  It is something I've always loved, so I smiled immediately when I saw Pretty Pink Posh's Winter Candle Die and Christmas Candles Stamp Set.  I paper pieced the Winter Candle Die right away, made my card, and attempted to photograph it...three times.  I finally got decent enough photos, edited them....and then accidentally deleted everything.  I was so frustrated I put the card away, and didn't pull it out again until this weekend.  So here we are!  
The card itself came together pretty quickly.  After making the candle, I mounted it on a banner and stitched across the top.  I used the Layered Holly Stencils to create my background, and finished it off with a sentiment from Christmas Candles Stamp Set.
Thanks so much for visiting today and listening to me ramble.  Have a blessed Sunday! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a card that was meant to be shared, Lindsey! so pretty! and I'd just love to see all those homes in your neck o' the woods decorated for Christmas - especially yours!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft colors, Lindsey this is a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete