Saturday, July 31, 2021

Nautical Thank You

Happy Saturday!  My kiddos got to spend time with my parents today, so I was able to sneak in some crafting.  I wanted to make a thank you for some friends who love sailing.  They have lots of cute lighthouses and sailboats around their house, and during the summer it is full of red, white, and blue.  I clearly took my inspiration from them.  

I used lots of Pretty Pink Posh goodies on this one.  I started with their Nautical Stamps and coordinating dies.  I used alcohol markers to color the lighthouse and a sailboat, and then I blended Blueprint Distress Ink over the waves.  I also blended the blue on a 2.5" square to create my ocean.  Next, I blended a little of Concord & 9th's Dove ink to create some rocky land for the lighthouse to stand on. 
I glued everything down on my little scene, popping up the lighthouse and wave for a little dimension.  Next, I cut out a window on a light grey card basing using Pretty Pink Posh's Decorative Tag 2 Die.  I placed the scene inside, and was about to call it a day when I saw the banners in the 4th of July set.  They reminded me of some of the decorations I'd seen in their home, so I cut and colored them, and then hung them with the stars (also in the 4th of July set).
By now it shouldn't surprise anyone that I reached for Simple Sentiments to finish off my card.   I added a strip of Concord and 9th's Poppy paper under the sentiment.  It is just the tiniest bit, but I promise you it made such a difference.  There is a reason I save all my itty bitty scraps of that paper.  I really love the bright red.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like this! You've created a perfectly wonderful summer scene!

    ReplyDelete