Friday, September 25, 2015

PTI September Blog Hop: Fall Thanks

Happy Fall!  The leaves are starting to change and though I'm missing summer, each day gets a little more beautiful and I'm feeling grateful to experience the beauty of the season.  With that in mind, the inspiration photo for Papertrey's September Blog Hop was too fantastic to pass up, so I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to make this card.  The rain made it difficult to photograph, but I did my best. :)
Inspiration Photo Credit
I forgot how much I love to create chalkboard art with stamps.  I used PTI's Big Hugs, Embellished Elegance, Graceful Greetings, Sending a Big Thank You (thanks to Marybeth!), and a little of my own handwriting and doodles.  I wanted the vines to stand out but not too much if that makes sense, so I ended up stamping them on vellum.  I love how all the randomly inked colors smooshed together when I stamped on the slippery vellum.
I used some textured cardstock, but since it isn't patterned paper, I'm also linking this up to Simon Says: No Designer Paper Challenge.  And I'm also entering this into the Work It Wednesday September STAMP challenge because I most certainly used a lot of stamps. :) Thanks so much for visiting today!  I'm looking forward to see what everyone else created.  Have a terrific weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Your chalkboard stamping looks real, great job Lindsey! Your card is beautiful and I am sure you have plenty of inspiration out your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your chalkboard design and the leaves are so pretty stamped on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Lindsey. I really like the textured cs. Lovely results on the vellum. You could play this over at AAA Cards Autumn Colors challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful, Lindsey! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Lindsey! Love the added script in your handwriting. Makes the chalkboard effect all the more real looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous--love how you combined sentiments on your chalkboard, and your little fall colored flower sprigs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty Lindsey! Love your chalkboard part...it looks so real! And the pops of color in your swags are just delightful...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is simply stunning! I love your hand built sentiment. It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Lindsey! Fabulous chalkboard design and love the colourful sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my is this ever pretty Lindsey!! Outstanding job on your chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Lindsey. Love the delicate little flowers/leaves framing the greeting. The chalkboard greeting looks wonderful... also like the textured cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Lindsey! Your chalkboard sentiment looks wonderful! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lindsey this is just sensational! Love the chosen dies to frame your chalkboard ... perfect sentiments, too! WWCD!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great combination of stamps on your chalkboard panel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job combining stamps to get just the right message on your faux chalkboard, Lindsey. Your smooshing on vellum looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning, Lindsey! I'm sorry to hear that you're only an "occasional crafter" because I'd love to see A LOT more of your amazing creations. I warmly welcome you to visit and share your cards with us any time you can at Word Art Wednesday. We'd be so blessed to have you join us. I hope you'll stop by to play along.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome chalkboard design! A perfect take on the PTI photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a splendid chalkboard panel, Lindsey ... brilliant stamp combining ... and your own doodles and handwriting ... awesome! Those wonderful autumnal sprigs frame it beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Lindsey! It's so elegant and pretty & I absolutely love the chalkboard art.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving the touch of the flowers around the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete