Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hope

Hello!  It's been a beautiful rainy misty day here and my little one took the longest nap of her life. :) Oh, and I also got to make this card.  I think it goes without saying...but I'll say it anyway...today's been a great day! :) This week's Simon Says: Die Crazy Challenge is featuring WPlus9, so I decided to pair that challenge with WPlus9's Throwback Thursday #7.  I really wanted a twig wreath, which I don't have, so I built the wreath by stamping the berry twig in WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals a bunch of times.  I fussy cut my homemade wreath, but then I die cut and stamped a few of the flowers and leaves in the set.  The sentiment is from WPlus9's Pretty Patches: Christmas set.  It always makes me happy when I can use a holiday stamp set for a completely different occasion.  I wish I could giant size this wreath and hang it on my front door.  Hope your week has started out to be a good one!

11 comments:

  1. I so remember those days of the kids taking a long nap. Im so happy to hear you had a good day and the weather sounds like fall. This is a beautiful homemade twig wreath Lindsey and I love the way the vellum gives it all a soft look. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go making your own wreath Lindsey, this is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vellum layer is awesome and that makes the wreath pop out.Love it! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Die Crazy Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sleeping babies Lindsey. Your wreath is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning wreath, Lindsay ... such a brilliant idea to use the twig from FCF to create such a beauty ... love it with the little posy of sweet blooms and twine bow! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'd love to own that twiggy branch, Lindsey!! REally stunning arrangement - and I cannot resist a slip of vellum!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful wreath!! I love the look of the vellum!! Lovely!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lindsey! That's a perfectly cut wreath, and I love how you have placed it on vellum and blue, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is such a beauty! Thanks so much for playing along in the WP9 Throwback challenge.

    ReplyDelete