Thursday, September 17, 2015

Penny Kites

I had the chance to pick up a few crafty goodies at the store a couple days ago and today got the chance to use them.  Hooray.  One of the must-haves I acquired is some paper...hooray!  I also picked up these little kits at my mom's urging.  I knew they were on clearance, but was pretty shocked when I only paid 12 cents for a package of 12!  I would say that a penny for a darling kite like this is a pretty good deal.  Since this card is made with NBUS, I am happily linking it to the kind and wonderful Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5.
Since my first card came together in about 5 minutes I decided I had plenty of time to make a second card....right after I helped my son free his dinosaur skeleton from the rock plaster he'd been chipping away at.  It took much longer to free the dinosaur than it did to make the card. Ha!  
Anyway, I only changed it a teeny tiny bit to fit CAS-ual Fridays Musical Challenge.  Did you notice the music printed on the kite?  Loved that detail.  I was kind of combining the thought in the sentiment with the "you make my heart soar" idea on this card.  
That's it for now, but guess what?  I made two more cards today!  Shocking, right?  It was for me anyway. :) I'll be sharing them shortly.  Have a wonderful day my friends!

5 comments:

  1. Love the sense of movement, Lindsey ... that high-in-the-clouds flying kite is fabulous! Great to see you posting! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots clouds, swoon!! This is delightful Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet!! And 12 cents for 12 cute embellishments is the deal of the century!!! Love the kite and how it has the musical detail. Its a fantastic card for our challenge, so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A penny a kite? What a bargain! So worth the 12c - they are adorable and love I how you've used one to fit our theme..the cloudy sky is the perfect background! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too cute!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete