Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Feminine Graduation Card

My sweet niece is graduating this year.  I held her the day she was born, and it just doesn't feel like very long ago.  But somehow it is.  I wanted to make a card just for her.  She truly is something special!

Pretty Pink Posh's May Release is full of fun graduation themed products, and the timing could not have been more perfect.  The first thing I used was the Layered Graduation Stencils.  I knew that my card was going to be busy, so I blended the ink colors (Cheeky & Salmon from The Stamp Market) very lightly to create a subtle background.

Next up were the mugs.  I pulled out my trusty Winter Mug dies and got to work.  Not just any mug would do for this artsy niece of mine, so I created dip dyed mugs.  I used The Stamp Market's Cheeky ink and blended with a progressively heavier hand for each masked section.  I added a touch of TSM's Salmon ink to the mug with "yay!" on it. 

Then I die cut several pieces from the Graduation Mug Additions (diploma, shooting star, numbers, graduation cap), Valentine Mug Additions (rose), and Birthday Mug Additions (balloons) to fill and surround the mugs.  I blended Cheeky and Salmon ink on some of the pieces to add a little color. 

The sentiment also came from the Graduation Mug Additions Dies.
Finally, I adhered my whole panel to the card base.  This card is large in size (closer to a 5x7), but it is so perfectly my niece.  I'm excited to give it to her. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I like all of those graduation goodies tucked into the mugs! This is delightful, Lindsey and your niece is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete