Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Mitten Tag

Hello, friends! One of the things I get most excited about for holiday crafting is making tags.  Though small in scale, they can pack a big punch and make a beautiful addition to a gift or a plate of goodies.  

Pretty Pink Posh's new Mitten Shaker Dies are perfect for a large shaped tag and pair beautifully with the Winter Foliage dies.  I think they are a match made in heaven!  I decided to use a more earthy color palette with a soft brick red, pine green, muted grey, and white...and I kind of love it. 

Because I chose not to have use the shaker element, I simple traced the outline of the Mitten Shaker on brick red paper and trimmed it out.  I adhered the white mitten outline on top, but I wanted to make sure the back of my tag looked nice and neat, too, so I die cut the mitten outline in brick red as well and adhered it to the back.  (Note: Before adhering it, I punched a little hole, so that I could thread the twine through.)   
The fun part was dressing up the front of the tag.  I simply adore the Winter Foliage dies and the variety offered.  These dies are hands down one of my most favorite dies ever, so I layered several of the different leaves and pines along with the poinsettia.  

A little tip: The pine sprigs are pretty delicate, so adding an extra piece of cardstock to the shim helped them cut cleaner.
I had so much fun creating this tag, and I have plans to recreate it in all sorts of color palettes.  These dies make beautiful tags quick, easy, and totally doable this season.  I hope you'll give them a try! 

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a new favorite from you, Lindsey! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete