Friday, July 29, 2022

Happy Thoughts

Good morning!  It’s been a while since I shared a card, but I’ve actually made several this month.  This card came from cleaning out a pile of scraps.  It feels a bit more eclectic than my typical, but I kind of like it. 

I started with a sheet of negative cuts from the Spring Foliage Die  and backed it with navy paper.  Then I framed it with a yellow frame in my scrap pile from the Nature Essentials Die.

Since my background was a bit busy, I wanted a big, bold focal point.  Pretty Pink Posh’s Peonies Stencil worked like a charm. I blended several pinks and corals for the flowers and greens and teals on the leaves, and then cut them out.

I finished off my card with a sentiment from the Thoughtful Greetings Stamp Set and got an immense sense of satisfaction for using up some of those bits and pieces that I can’t quite seem to part with (but at the same time drive me crazy because they sometimes sit in a pile for years…not kidding.) I hope you are headed into a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for visiting, friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful use of those scraps, Lindsey this is terrific!

    ReplyDelete