Saturday, October 23, 2021

PPP Insta Hop - Village Ornament

Good morning!  Today I'm joining Pretty Pink Posh in an Instagram Hop.  I'm a big fan of making Christmas tags that can double as ornaments, so I decided to do that for my project today.  That being said, this tag is 4.25" in diameter and could easily be created as a shaped card instead.  

To prep my tag, I cut out a large circle in a beautiful dark green.  Then I nestled two circle dies inside of eachother to create a frame and cut that in a glittery gold cardstock. For the top of my ornament, I simply used the curved leftover piece of gold cardstock and trimmed out an ornament cap shape. Now onto the decorating!

Pretty Pink Posh's October release has SO MANY amazing products, and one of my favorites is the Village.  It is extra large in scale, and easily fills an entire A2 card.  For today's project, I opted to focus on just one image in the set.  I selectively inked up the church, embossed it, then die cut it with the Village coordinating dies.  The die cuts the entire village as a group, so I just fussy cut the left edge of the church since I was only using that one building.  

I was absolutely delighted when I saw the Holiday Scripts stamp set and knew I wanted to use that for my sentiment.  I have been enjoying these scripty sentiments with coordinating dies throughout the year in various sets, and I LOVE that this is an entire sentiment set in this style.  I embossed my sentiment in white on the same green cardstock, then die cut the "Joy" using the Holiday Scripts dies.
At this point all of my tag pieces were ready, but I thought that it needed just a little something extra.  An embossed Poinsettia Corners on the tag base was just what was missing.  It created the perfect backdrop to pop up the church on. It also balanced the white embossed sentiment on the opposite side of the tag.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Make sure to pop over to my Instagram account, so you can enter in the contest.  You'll find all the details there, but Pretty Pink Posh will be chosing a gift card winner for each day of the Insta hop, so you definitely don't want to miss out.  Have a happy weekend, my friends!  

1 comment: