Monday, September 20, 2021

Falling Leaves - PPP Insta Hop

Good morning!  The air is crisp and chill outside, and I’m super happy to be joining Pretty Pink Posh’s Instagram Hop (click HERE) today.  I've been so anxious to share this card with you!  I love autumn, I love Pretty Pink Posh’s new release, and I love creating new color combinations.  This card has all those things.
Today I’m using Pretty Pink Posh’s Falling Leaves stamp set, and I think the name of this stamp set perfectly suits the design of my card.  I pulled out 7 colors and did lots of stamping.  I used Concord and 9th's Sea Glass, Evergreen, Stardust, Mushroom, Dove, and Wheat as well as Bordering Blue - a retired Stampin' Up color (if anyone knows a similar blue grey color currently on the market, please let me know ;) ). 

With a pencil, I lightly drew two curved lines to guide my stamping.  I assigned each color to a particular leaf stamp from Falling Leaves and started by stamping three of each leaf, then I went back in an filled in the open spaces.  I ended up adding in one small leaf from Fall Corners to make things nice and full.  Then I flicked on some ink splatters in Mushroom.  I finished the card by embossing a sentiment from Falling Leaves onto Stardust and Mushroom cardstock and then cutting it out with the coordinating dies. The dies create the perfect border around the word and are super easy to align.  Love that!  I adhered my panel to a Wheat cardbase and called it a day.  
Thanks for visiting, friends!  Don't forget to go to my instagram account, so you can join the hop and be entered in to win some prizes.  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I like the leaves cascading down your card, Lindsey this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete