Thursday, February 11, 2021

Little Hearts = Lots of Love

Hello, again!  I'm back with another simple card, but one that has me smiling lots.  In January Pretty Pink Posh released a great new coverplate die called Heart Vines.  Included in it is a die of two rows of tiny hearts that make great accents on the coverplate; however, I love it all on it's own.  One of my favorite things to do with my stamp and dies sets is look for the little things that could maybe be initially overlooked and find a way to bring them to the center stage.  
I placed the die on a mini card (it measures 2.5"x 4.25") and cut it three times.  Then I cut tiny strips of paper in shades of pink, coral, and red and adhered them to the back side of the card base.  You could also cut the hearts in various colors and adhere them to the card base, but this method is much quicker, and I like seeing the negative space from the cuts.  It's also a great way to use up even the tiniest bits of my Concord & 9th paper, which I love and hoard all at the same time.  I finished the card with a little sentiment from Pretty Pink Posh's All My Love stamp set.
Simple as could be, but a design that could really be used any time of year.  Valentines certainly isn't the only time people need to be reminded that they are loved. :) Thanks so much for visiting today!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this! All of those little hearts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Center stage? You've made them the Star of the Show! You're so smart, and clever to use those strips of paper - so darling! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been here in a big while! Hope you're doing great lovely! Your cards are so sweet and modern... Really like your cardmaking style. Inspiring as always!

    ReplyDelete