Friday, July 17, 2020

Concord & 9th Feature Friday

Hello, friends!  Fridays are just more fun this month because I get to join Concord & 9th for another Feature Friday.  This time we are all sharing a favorite ink or paper technique using their fabulous new color collection.
I don't often do many "techniques" for two reasons.  First, time restraints, but second because I truly just really like simple stamped images.  So the technique I'm sharing today stays true to both of those things.  It is quick, easy, and the images remain pure.  It's also great if you aren't confident in your coloring abilities. ;)    
The beautiful floral image is from Hello, Lovely - an all time favorite stamp set of mine.   I also used Hello, Lovely coordinating dies and a die from Fabulous Phrases.  A MISTI will speed up the stamping process even more, but you can easily do this with a regular stamping block.  Just grab a few shades of ink and ink up your stamp in an ombre fashion. Concord & 9th's inks are so juicy that they give you extra time before you need to stamp.  I inked all four colors up and only stamped on
For my first card I used Concord & 9th's Aqua Sky, Oceanside, Peacock, and Midnight Inks.
My biggest piece of advice for this technique is to not ink in exactly straight lines.  I even overlap the colors as I'm inking so it blends a bit more naturally.  
For this red ombre card, I used Grapefruit, Sorbet, Poppy and Cranberry inks.
For my final card, I used just three inks: Sea Glass, Clover, and Evergreen.
One thing that I should point out, is that although the stamped image doesn't necessarily look "busy", it made a huge different to layer the die cut Fabulous Phrases "thinking of you", so that it didn't just get lost in the design. 
I layered it three times (two black + one white at the bottom).  Not sure why, but the white really helped the word stand out as opposed to three black die cuts layered together.   
And just to let you know how fantastic the coverage is with these inks, I stamped each image twice (once to die cut, once on the card base) and made 12 cards.  In 24 times of inking up and stamping, I only had to re-ink two times and that was simply because I missed inking up a portion of the image not because the ink didn't stamp clearly.  Amazing, right?
I'm so glad you visited today.  I hope you'll check out the Concord & 9th Blog next to see all the other fun techniques the others have used with this amazing color collection.  

3 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty Lindsey! I like your variety of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style, Lindsey! Who needs to color when the color can be this sensational in the stamping? Really amazing... yep, I think I'm choosing those greens! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Lindsey ... your ombré line art is just perfect ... each colour combo is just delicious! You took simple stamping to a whole new level! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete